Startup Dublin returns!
Hosted at Google in Dublin, this was the second one this year, timed to coincide with the global start up weekend in 250 cities around the world. 54 hours of intense planning, design, prototyping and then the final pitch to the audience and judges. There was a great energy and enthusiasm at the event, with lots of positive energy up on the stage, and in the audience. One of the speakers for the 2nd place team was an impressive 17 years old, and attending his third startup weekend.
The 10 teams
10. Yes Buddy. Get fit with a buddy.
9. Find Me. Track your missing hound.
8. Utripia – get travel agents into a bidding war to gain your services
7. Cajou. First team to make money over the course of the weekend! The Airbnb of cooking.
6. Cooler. Great live demo.
5. Giftme. Put up a wish list, enable people to get you useful presents.
4. Elected. Keep politicians honest.
3. Baffle. Raffle your items to make more money.
2. Behabit. App for parents and kids.
1. O!Seppe. Streamling in the induction process.
Mid flight entertainment, scaling to success panel talk Paul Hayes interviews Kevin Abosch, Noel Toolan and Leonora O’Brien.
Honorable mention for Findme
3rd place for Behabit
2nd place to Baffle
And, the winner … Giftme. 10,000 euros to spend on the Google Cloud Platform